Commander, Renton Composite Squadron - Until Filled
RENTON COMPOSITE SQUADRON
Meeting Location: VFW Post 1263 – 416 Burnett Ave. S – Renton, WA 98057 – Mondays 1900
NOTICE PUBLISHED AT THE REQUEST OF THE CURRENT INTERIM UNIT COMMANDER
Squadron commanders are responsible to the corporation and to the wing commander and group commander for ensuring that the corporation objectives, policies, and operational directives are effectively executed within their squadron.
Responsibilities (See CAPR 20-1 for complete details)
● Establish plans, policies, and procedures necessary to the fulfillment of the CAP mission, which are not in conflict with the directives of higher headquarters.
● Keep informed of the accomplishments, problems, and degree of compliance with regulations and other directives through personal observations, inspections, reports, and staff meetings.
● Comply with all policies, regulations, and directives of higher headquarters and require the same compliance by all members of the squadron.
● Ensure safety of personnel and equipment through compliance with directives and policy guidance; ensure an effective safety awareness, education, and inspection program within the unit.
● Select personnel to fill authorized staff positions and remove from staff position those members deemed unqualified or otherwise unsuitable to continue in their positions.
● Establish policies and procedures to ensure an effective squadron recruiting and retention program.
● Coordinate the activities of staff officers to prevent overlapping of functions and to resolve conflicts.
At the time you are assigned as commander you must:
● have completed Level II
● have completed Cadet Protection Training – Advanced.
● be safety education current
● possess enthusiasm for CAP
This position is open to any CAP member who meets the qualifications above and is not limited to only members of the Unit.
Click the button to apply for this position:Submit the following documents no later than the deadline shown above:
● A cover letter stating why you should be selected for this position;
● A resume stating your experience and qualifications for this position.